Wednesday, May 16, 2007

To find home, ask for help


It was only a minor little meltdown in our morning meeting today. A few tears, you know, before the big burst (ask Lisa about it, she does a great imitation). "I have no where to live," I choked.
It's been three months of searching for the right place. When you're single, and on a budget, the choices are very, odd. Every "look-see" felt like a horrible, blind date. The kind of date where you want to leave as soon as the door opens.
But I was tired. I'd spent last night's sleep actually sweating out the living options ... as if I could think my way into a solution, by sheer brain power. It never happens that way.
So as I blubbered this morning, dreary and weary, I asked for help and I got it. My co-workers turned their sad eyes, and support, towards me.
And now, I think I've found the place. It's on the top floor of a third floor building. It's the corner room, with high, vaulted ceilings. A sunroom with French doors--perfect for songwriting. An actual place for my actual washer and dryer. Big, bright windows in the bedroom. A fireplace. A lake just a short walk down the drive. Only 5 miles from KI.
And trees. Trees. Trees. My own little tree house, where the shimmering green leaves whisper and wink in the breeze.
Leaves I'll never have to rake.

8 comments:

jessi said...

AND you'll be closer to my house! - that's the real reason you like it, i know.

Molly McGinn said...

Of course, Jess ...

jessi said...

i feel like i sound like a dork when i post comments on people's blogs...you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice - and it just doesn't look very nice written out - maybe it's my vocabulary - needs expanding - could be punchier...

Simply Music Educators of the Twin Cities said...

Oh, I for one am glad you will not be moving into the apparently sinking house that I saw before. This sounds much much better.

Anonymous said...

This sounds *much* more like you, Molly, rather than the little crooked house last week. Your tree house sounds *lovely*. I've always wanted to live in a treehouse like Swiss Family Robinson. :-)

Congrats on your home, Molly!

Anonymous said...

i want to live in a tree house. congrats, i'm happy for you.

Molly McGinn said...

Thanks ladies, I'm glad the crooked house didn't work out either.

Soon as I can, I'll have Jessi over to take pictures.

Relief.

M Newlin said...

Molly,
Congrats and best wishes during your housing transition.

It's hard to tell who's more excited about your visit next Thursday- me or the kids!