Friday, May 11, 2007

My new house


In the last seven years, I've moved seven times, and I'm on the move again. This time, my landlord is selling the house I rent. In the past, the moving reasons have been: robbery, neurotic roomates, too expensive, now twice the reason has been because the landlord is selling.

So after deciding I wasn't ready for the big committment of buying a house (I want to date around some more) I've settled on this beauty.

I've been told I have a sideways disposition. And Angelica, my cube-mate here at Kindermusik, and our "live with your heart, and not your head" Italian, says: "I wonder how you sleep in it?"

Reminds me of this story, "The Crooked Old Man."

6 comments:

Miss Amy said...

Molly, it is adorable! Good luck moving. The best thing about moving so often is hopefully you don't accumulate too much stuff to move! :)

Molly McGinn said...

If you're truly sweet and supportive, I'd ask you to move in with me.

It's not really the house I'm going for ... just a little nursery rhyme humor.

Anonymous said...

you could have some fun with marbles and rolling in that house. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it matches you perfectly, Molly, down to the unique way you have of turning your head when you're talking. If you want to see what I'm talking about, check out your last video, where you're in the bathtub playing the uke. :-)

Molly McGinn said...

Aw shucks Merri, that's just what I needed to hear.

I thought I found something Friday, then, I went over there at night it was loud, loud, loud. So. After a minor meltdown, I'm back to dauntless and unconquerable, on the hunt for the inspiring, nurturing, quiet place I need to be.

Keep your fingers crossed, I got two promising ledes today.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that you find something quiet, serene, and peaceful. Home needs to be a place of sanctuary. Loud just won't cut it.

xx fingers crossed here xx