Thursday, July 13, 2006

The sound of adventure

Over the next few weeks I'll be listening for the sounds of life, at least the ones captured in film, as a music writer for for the upcoming 48 Hour Film Festival. I've joined a talented team of writers, actors, producers, and production folks, and since we won't know what the film's genre will be until next Friday, I'm researching the sound of the possible outcomes.

One is adventure. I've accepted that I won't have a full-on orchestra for an Indianna Jones-style thing. Interesting, though, how Mission:Impossible gets it with bongos and a phased-out keyboard.



Here are the genres the team will choose from:
Action/Adventure
Comedy
Detective/cop
Drama
Fantasy
Holiday Film
Horror
Mockumentary
Musical or Western
Road Movie
Romance
Sci Fi
Silent Film
Spy

No comments: