Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Demonstration class produces new enrollment

Literally.

From Michelle Jacques, Kindermusik of Cambridge, who, coincidentally, may be the first Kindermusik Educator with animation on her home page, and is also a new blogger in the blogosphere:

"About an hour before the demo started, a woman called me to ask if there was still room for her and her son -- I was a little hesitant as I already had 13 children and 6 families registered for the demo. However, she told me that she was supposed to have given birth two days ago and she was still waiting around, and she and her little guy needed a diversion.

I joked with her that she really just wanted me to help her start her labour with all the jumping and moving around we would do. Sure enough, 10 minutes into the class, immediately following the 'Jump with Me' verse of 'Hey, Betty Martin,' she left the room. This morning, I called her house to see if everything was alright and her mother-in-law answered to tell me she was at the hospital, ready to give birth at any moment. Her water had broken in our class and that's why she left! Isn't that cool?! I can't wait to talk to her again!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I guess we can add that to the list of benefits of Kindermusik - can begin labor for full term mommies.

Michelle Jacques said...

Hey Molly,

Here's the rest of the story from the mommy herself...

"Just wanted to apologize for running out on the class last week! I guess my mother in law told you that my water broke just as I stood up, so I thought I'd better get a move on! James was very upset that he missed the rest of the class! We are home with our new baby boy, Owen, and would really like to sign up for Family Time. Do you have any classes on Mondays or Thursdays?"

And she did! She's all signed up for Thursdays!

Man, we do good work!

Michelle Jacques
Kindermusik of Cambridge/KW