Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I need your help


"If I had more time
I could do more for myself
and maybe for others.
I could read and study
and talk things over
and find out about things.
It takes time.
I wish I had the time."
--excerpt, Carl Sandburg, The People, Yes

Many people in Greensboro (your city, too) don't get a chance to sit at their computer keyboards, wrists raised like a piano-player, and compose. They don't share pictures of their grand-children. Put their music online. Make friends. Write a business plan. Write poems, or get involved in the online conversations that could, and will, change the course of their lives.

Until now.

A new initiative, The People, Yes, is working to do just that. Sean Coon is currently applying for funds to make such a project possible. Only the funds will be granted with the help of a voting process. Please go online, register, and vote for the TPY.

The whole point is to provide a place that will bridge the digital divide, and provide technology to give a voice to the voiceless. Not only the homeless, but people too caught up in the day-to-day, too time starved and discontent, to benefit from the world of technology that is changing the world and going on without them.

For inspiration, watch the video, and heart felt reading of the Carl Sandburg's poem that inspired it all, The People, Yes.
You can vote here.

2 comments:

sean coon said...

you rule, molly.

Molly McGinn said...

If I rule, that makes me Queen, and I command TPY a reality.

Drat.

Left my magic wand at home.