Monday, March 26, 2007

Music is the solution


I was moved to the point of a breakdown (good thing I was running the video camera) as I watched Jenya (Kindermusic) instructor lead Dave and another lady as all three interacted with the children. I do not know a whole lot at this point about Kindermusic....but what I witnessed with my eyes and heard with my ears today was truly impacting. Broken lives....lives that nobody seems to want....singing, laughing and giggling....a Godsong was rising in the room and I had the honour of having a front row seat. To Tammy McMath (the Kindermusic Instructor who first brought KM to this Central Asian country about 5 years ago)....all I can say is....thanks!


Hat tip: Sarah Flack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am weeping as I sit here at the beauty of the children's faces and the joy that music has brought into their lives. Thank you, Molly, for sharing this.

Molly McGinn said...

It's nice to know that what you do every day makes a difference, you know? It's nice to be part of the solution.

So thank you, too, Merri.

Julie and John Wright said...

I have seen personaly these orphans reconect with the world around them after only one session.
Thankyou