Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Okay, I was wrong

When Kindermusik first announced a new "personalized" CD project, I dare say, I dare say, I turned my nose.

Personlized music recordings for kids have about the same warmth and personality as a personalized operator-recording, saying you've reached a disconnected number.

We're sorry ... Molly .... the number you have reached is no longer in service.

So I sheepishly confess, I was wrong about this one. This one is different. I should have had more faith in the beginning. Also, a personal disclaimer: I'm singing "Old McDonald" and "It's Time to Clean Up." That also means I saw first-hand how dedicated the vocalists, sound engineers, and Executive Music Producer David Huff were from start to end.

The big pay-off came when an office-mate here, Angelica, said she played just the 30-second sound sample off the Web site for her daughter. "Her eyes lit up," said Angelica in her very light, lilting Italian accent. "She kept saying, again! Again!"

Give it a look and a see for yourself, here.

No comments: