Tuesday, June 28, 2005

This is me


Hi. Just starting this blog as a bit of an experiment, as a way to see how Kindermusik Educators can use blogs as a newsletter to stay in touch with families, keep up on the latest child development research, and the latest goings-on. We're a very entertaining, interesting crowd, you know.

Pictured here is me, Molly McGinn, when I was 5 years old. Today I'm a senior writer here at KI, and this is my blog.

So what does "i am kindermusik." mean? The idea came when I was riding my skateboard down the street, singing with the radio, watching traffic, listening to traffic (Greensboro drivers don't have a lot of experience with pedestrians) and pumping my foot in rhythm to the music: When I'm using more than one skill ... when I think, reason, create, move and express all at once ... I'm having a Kindermusik moment.

As a Kindermusik Educator I help children use more than one learning skill at once. As a writer what I do for Educators is to help you use more than one skill at once--in teaching, running your business, and riding a skateboard, if that's what you want to do.

No comments: