Monday, January 23, 2006

Guest blogger

This post and Educator tip is from Darcie Brown.

First Impressions Matter
I learned very quickly in the photography industry that packing a final product leaves a lasting impression with clients. This also applies to the Kindermusik studio.

When presenting families with Sign and Sing At Home Materials, I always make sure I spend a little time and money making the materials look their best so they make a great first impression. This semester, I got funky gift bags and matching tissue paper from a dollar store. This cost me a total of $1.49 per student and definitely adds more value to the materials. I always enjoy bringing in a whole pile of bags at the end of class to present to the children and their parents as it is a wonderful grand finale to what is often a family’s first Kindermusik classroom experience.

No comments: